Eric Spiegelman put together a bunch of ‘summer jams’ over at the Awl — I picked “Fourth of July” by Galaxie 500, which is a lovely and disturbing video/song for me to watch/listen to because I feel like it represents a kind of LSD-inspired Gen-X cynicism that I think defines just about every piece of art/music/book/movie I’ve ever loved. I also have to credit Bennett Madison of the Bennett Madison Extravaganza for introducing me to this video a few years ago, when I didn’t know it existed, despite being seriously obsessed with Galaxie 500 since I heard them in 1989 in what is definitely one of a handful of religious experiences I’ve had listening to music over the years.
I’m in there too! (Picking the obvious ones so no one else has to.)
- teenag3-hipster likes this
- clarencerosario reblogged this from titivil and added:
- ideleteme likes this
- hikergirl likes this
- dreigit reblogged this from matthewgallaway
- ktkeating likes this
- tmills said: Their cover of Ceremony is always going to be my late August summer jam.
- tmills likes this
- spiegelman likes this
- donotfind likes this
- titivil reblogged this from matthewgallaway and added:
- matthewgallaway posted this